Saturday, September 17, 2016

OCC Meeting September 6, 2016

30 in attendance
Treasurer Report: Paid 3 months rent of $400, received 3 deposits tonight totaling balance in account $1,476.57.
Discussion by President regarding Attorney David Wilson leaving current firm and whether we should move with him to new firm or stay with current firm without him. Motion by Ron Schmidt to stay with current firm, not move with Mr. Wilson, but to be open to changing firms altogether in the future. 2nd by Irv Cobb. Majority vote passed. Trish may have recommendation for an attorney to use.
Discussion by Gary Prill regarding continuing 501-C-3 status. Input from Paul Bellinger, Linda Davis and Don Cross on continuing to move forward with club, possible outreach, Do Space teaching. Open to more discussion when new President, officers are elected for next year.
Alan Stamler will be doing Lightroom presentation on 9/27. All questions ahead of time should be sent to him to prepare.
The club will be judging for N4C in October for Creative category. Larry Headley has enough volunteers.

Druba will be hosting Photowalk on 10/1 3-5pm at Elmwood Park, information posted on Facebook.
Respectfully submitted,
Linda Davis, OCC Acting Secretary

OCC Meeting August 16, 2016

Donna Gustafson. New member from Lincoln.

22 members present.

Reminders entries due Aug23. To Jeff Wild,  Subject: shadows.

Judges needed for ours and for N4C creative. 3 each. Gary, Scott and Ron agreed to judge.

Larry Headly reminded the group of the rules of competition and categories.  Remember assigned must be taken after May 2016.

N4C. Has a black and white category.  Entries are due to Larry Headley on or before the 10th of the month.  1 per category total of 6.  Judges Tim W.,?..?

Show and tell.

Respectfully submitted,

Sandra Wentworth, OCC Acting Secretary

OCC Meeting July 19, 2016

30 in attendance.

New member Jennifer Taylor.

Discussion on posting on OCC facebook upcoming events versus on blog on website.

Larry and Nikki gave presentation on judging in preparation for club monthly competitions, good discussion.

7 members will be volunteering to help with Douglas Co Fair photography contest at Crossroads mall this week.

Reminder of picnic Sat 8/13 11:30 Lake Manawa Council Bluffs.

Respectfully submitted,

Linda Davis, OCC Acting Secretary

Tuesday, May 24, 2016

OCC Meeting May 17, 2016

Meeting called to order by President Myers Burmeister at 6:30 pm Greetings from the President.
Continuing on with our discussion from last meeting. Picking and choosing our categories for next year.
Talk about our dues situation and raising the dues.
Our digital director has a class for the summer and we need someone to do the digital presentation.
Our books were audited and the reports were audited and approved. Who did the audit? Alan Kurth & Dave McDonald completed the audit. No additions or corrections, audit closed for this year.

Cookie Monster John M.

Tom Pfeffer presented the information for the increase of the dues. This should not take too long. Excel sheet presentation. We have been at $25/$35 for 6 to 7 years. Cost of $100 per month going to OHB Asked Tim to look at where our money is coming from and where our money is going to. See attached spread sheet. Income comes from dues only, expenses are not related to the convention. By the end of next year we would begin to go negative. In looking at a 4 year model we would be negative every month starting in the 3rd year. So the proposal would be for the dues to increase to $40 per single member $50 for couple. By the end of this year we would replenish our account and giving us a positive cash flow. This will work until we have a capital expenditure. It is hard to build up with dues along and hope that we can find individuals that would like to donate to our 501C3 for capital expenditures.to get income other than dues. We can’t survive on dues alone. Wrap up increase dues to $40 and $55 for family/couple. Discussion
Ongoing expenses judges (outside judges), programs, printing fees, postage, fees for N4C, PSA fees, pizza party, flowers for memorials.
We need to make a decision as a club how we want to spend our money. Makers Club has several tiers of membership. They ask for additional donations from members.
Current policy is prorated dues, maybe the discussion needs to be do we still want to prorate dues?
How much are PSA $100 3 year / N4C $50 ($1 per year). Does anyone feel the $40 is excessive? Can look for other accommodations Royce suggestion, 50/50 raffle and set the money aside for a specific item such as capital expentitures.
Fund Raiser – Garage sale where the proceeds go to the club.
Looking to raise dues in December this can come to a vote in September or later in the year.
Thank you Tom for your presentation.
Treasurers Report $
Larry Headley - N4C News – newsletter trying to get on the blog but having issues
Secretary –n/a
Equipment – n/a
Library – More selections for you to see and there is a disc if you don’t like to read.
Assigned Categories:

Shadows- September 2016
Animals- October 2016
Water- November 2016 (Print)
Out of place- January 2017
Triptych- February 2017
Through the window- March 2017 (Print)
Landscapes- April 2017
Still life-May 2017
Old stuff- September 2017
Architecture-October 2017
Weather –November 2017 (Print)

Passing of the guard for the Treasurer will be Don Cross
Thank you Tim for your service and watching over us.
Sandra will be taking the name badges

Respectfully submitted,

Ina Ohnmeiss, OCC Secretary

OCC Meeting May 3, 2016

Called to order at 6:35 pm by Myers Burmeister president
Treasures Report $1669.70 new 1694.77 (3 new members $75 and memorial contribution $50)
Secretary’s Report A donation was made in the Honor of our Member Larry Fritz to the Midlands Humane Society who passed away on April 22, 2016.
Sandy has a backpack that she would like to give to someone….very useful. Comes with a Walt Disney rain slicker…
Thanks to Larry for the email sent out we have a lot to cover.
Went over the dates or the Next meeting 5/17, 6/21, 7/19, 8/16 and the program for September will be the lightroom presented by Alan Stamler.
Steve S. reported on Springbrook, it was the first chance. Choose not to go Friday and went Saturday only. They had attendance of about 55 the goal is 75. Only knew one person there. They had good presentations, lighting for portraits outside, trip to Greece presentation.
One good thing came of it, she asked to bring to our meeting and pass out. PSA council challenge Nikki McDonald winner.
April winners 40 entries 17 awards for N4C. See the website for the award breakdown on the blog.
Cookie Monster Mike Barker – Thank you!!
More books to be checked out of the Library – stop by and check them out.
Tonight we will be choosing the assigned categories:
This month is a transition between the old business/and new business. In November the new business meeting with be established. Catch up the assigned category and instead of putting down the categories get a survey out to pick the topics… Do we still have access to survey monkey to get the categories selected. Thoughts of topics on survey if you pick the top 5 out of 25 pick. Opinion out survey monkey and they were not happy about doing competition There has been issues finding judges and competitions….Jeff would like to see more critique on the photos instead of running through. Likes Ina’s idea of having a topic and discuss what they like, what they don’t like and what went into making the photo. Larry, the contest would be more accepted if they get comments. Sign up in advance to be a judge like you do for cookies. D Cross, when he was managing the same meeting that the reveal we asked someone to judge. Be proactive in getting judges. Use to sign up for the whole year. 6 digital competitions that would be 24 judges. Part of the problem if they are not participating they should not be made to judge. Judges training…show of hands of the people who want to have the competition. Since we are moving the business meeting to November…move the December competition to May. It seems like the majority that is here wants the competition, I think we should do a judging and critiquing class in September and judge sign up. Tom, another topic related and 3 meetings a month. 6 or 7 months out of the year. The only other club that has 3 meeting a month is Des Moines. Jeff was surprised we had 3 meeting when he joined. Two would be plenty…thank you thank you cut down the number of.
Competition for novice people, tiered system would be difficult to maintain. Show and tell and digital reveal on both nights. Jeff would have to determine how to do both. Cut show and tell back and move through digital reveals and you are not getting critiques. Entering contests and not getting any feedback. No idea why they like it or why it is a low rating. It is a surprise and does not know how to improve. People actually talked about the shots at the last meeting. It was not just blasting through the photos, the where, how and why they took the shots. Nikki is just giving a suggestion. More interaction with the people getting the story. Bring the person to the front to talk about their photo the where, how and why and then questions and what I could have done better. The opportunity is there….but the comfort level, what is the feel. If they don’t want to talk they don’t have to talk….It is asking for the critique what do you like etc.
Bring in the best photo and talk about it instead of blowing through the photos. Larry, lots of good comments we are mixing apples and oranges…show and tell is just what it is…I was here and took this and the reason I took it. There was not discussion on how to improve and get better. I’m seeing this and this is a distraction…if it is effective and good but does not think that is show and tell. Only take one of the show and tell critique night. More critique in the competition and feedback. Judging needs to critique….When we are volunteering to judge, and the few we have on smug mug that is when we need to know how to put in the critique and access to site to put in the critique. Can everyone get into smug mug to put in the critique. Didn’t you need a password you as a judge gives you access to the private gallery and you can critique everything should move to the public site. Larry, clarification, when the judges are in the private mode will they be able to see the other judges comments? YES….Nikki would make comments on a spread sheet and the last step before turning in the scores. Whatever your comfort level is you don’t have to read them. Jeff will have to look at it and now you have to take action to add a comment. Judges training and how to add comments That is something too is to publish scores to everyone Steve S is going to try to remember what he is going to say…I think that when he had show and tell…he appreciated they would say I’m thinking of entering this to N4C give me some feedback on what to enter. Irv Cobb most valuable is the live critiquing on the competitions. Tells me what people think about the images. Just the Comment on judging it a lot of work and he did not write anything…he is a negative type of guy.assigned “oh man it is a picture” and that is all. It is not a trivial amount of time…if you sign up you are committing hours on a deadline to fit this in your schedule and create text it is not a trivial task. Make sure they understand….what is expected, don’t feel it is good to have fewer judges change the scoring from 1-10 to 1-5 decided that there was not a lot of leadway…back in 1980 when Gary joined they were 5 point spread and you had to get a score of 33 to be show at the reveal. Nobody knew that you entered and you could re enter with different judges. They only ever show the top percentages…
What topics
Raising Dues dues have not been raised since 2009 or in the 90’s
Treasure audit needs to be completed needs to take a look at it. Someone who is not on the executive board or director Alan Stamler and Alan Kurth to audit books.
Term of office of current board…2 year term. I make a motion for the election of the officers and board. Nikki seconds the motion to elect new officers. Need to go through a transition…That is what will happen in November, we need a nominating committee there is advantage of having a staggered directors and executive committee. It was anticipated during the coarse of the transition it was assumed that people would retire and there would be a staggering. The President would put together a nominating committee was adhoc, and they turned to the person would you do it. People that were elected under one system, Paul read the old ruling under the old bylaws…. Results will be announced at the annual meeting. No way to follow the bylaws, it is how you look at the slate of officers and directors. Was the assumption that they were elected under the new bylaws or the old bylaws. Is it possible to be in order to request and authorize to remain in their position until November. Request and authorize the current slate of officers to remain in office until through the end of December, to take effect in January 2017, Irv Cobb 1st motion and 2nd by Alan Stamler. What was the head count of active members 49 and we have 26 members present tonight. Call for a vote, matter of procedure can the board and executive committee vote. All in favor, 25 opposed 1.
* * * * *Cookie Break * * * * * *
Books have been audited and a Thank you from Nikki and round of applause for all Tim’s work.
Tim is looking to pass the torch if you are interested please contact someone on the board. And a discussion will be put to a quick vote and then the board can decide. Send your interest off to the board…as Tim passes the torch, no one I would rather have watching over the funds. Thank you so much….
Topic – we have funds going out the door due to the meeting room of $100 a month. Need to fix the lights….we look at photos so we are in the dark anyhow. Tom P. I think that the thing that is most pressing a year We make just about that for what the dues are collected. Let’s look at an alternative, maybe we don’t need the funds sitting in the account. When we need to purchase a new equipment we need to decide what we want to have in reserves. What are our fixed expenses – Judges, dues to N4C and PSA and our memorial fund budget and then a reserves. Scholarships, what our future mission to be. How are you using the word scholarship Alan, state fair that submit entries to support the interest of photography. Traditionally the free membership is a “scholarship”. This is what the 501c3 will allow us to do. Fixed costs, capital expenditure, and misc. costs. The scholarship is not something we can do with our membership dues. We need to incorporate into our projection we need a scholarship committee….and ask the community we need to have a vision or scholarship objective. We need to have a long range plan.
If you have any comments or suggestions we can discuss at a board meeting and then bring it back to the membership. Linda May has always been a two meeting discussion. Send suggestions for the assigned categories to Larry so he can send them out to membership of who was not here. If we do scholarships that we have to file. No cost to file and as long as we remain a “non profit” status. And the expectations of the IRS ruling. We need to maintain the non profit form and maintain and be under 50K a year. A non profit can earn money it depends on what is done with the money.
Sandra W. question dues are tax dues yes.
This is a wrap and will be continued at the next meeting.
Respectfully submitted,
Ina Ohnmeiss, OCC Secretary



Tuesday, April 26, 2016

OCC Minutes April 19, 2016

OCC Minutes April 19, 2016
Show and Tell
Larry Fritz fell and broke his hip and there is a card circulating for signatures.
Secretary read thank you from Nancy Oudheusden’s family. Therewere 27 members present.
If you have panoramic for the N4C Springbrook event this weekend. Please see Steve Schwiesow.
Next weeks meeting will be at Hot Shops there will be snacks and drinks. BYOB if you’d like. This event is from 7-10 pm. Check the OCC Blog for more information. It is on the hotshops website as well
Results of the vision statement talked about by Tom. Well this will be very short, like when you do anything. So this is putting a bow on this topic. We went out looking for input for the vision statement that we are just not ready. It will have to happen sometime in the future. There was an overwhelming lack of interest. That is fine, we put something out there and the answer was not now. I don’t think this should detour us from doing it in the future. The most favorable is that we are a 501C3 status, I think we will be saying that we will need to look for donations to pay the OHB for our clean up fee. It is a bargain for what we are paying. $100 vs $1800 per night.
This is hung up for the night..we are done for now…
Irv Cobb – has been in talks with the principal of the Carter Lake school to start a mentoring program or Jr. Camera Club or if you know of anywhere in the metro area or if you have old cameras you would like to donate, if we can get this rolling in the fall and you’d like to come in and talk to the kids let him know.
Dave T suggestion for another outing. Bought an IPad pro…went out on a search, what does people have for gear what do you have for bags. Menards tough gear bags…Hunting stores, shotgun bags for lens on your waist. Gear night…bring it and show up and share your information.
Respectfully submitted
Ina Ohnmeiss

Secretary

OCC Minutes April 5, 2016

OCC Minutes April 5, 2016
28 in attendance
Secretary nothing to comment
Talked about the death of our member Nancy O. who passed away on March 27th after a long battle with cancer.
Equestrian event at Century Link contact Trish Place by end of this week so she can contact Jackie the coordinator to let them know how many will be there. We will get free admission for the return of photos. May 5, 6, and 7th.
Trish has a hanging at Edward Jones in Benson for first Friday. Hanging photos all week.
N4C had honorable mentions and Eva as a first time participant received a honorable mention.
Jeff Wild has a show at Metro College Elk Horn Campus in the common area.
Group starting up they want to be like the “hot shops” set up as a non profit and community involvement. Interested in someone coming to give a presentation and someone from our group giving a class. They don’t have a vision statement either. Jeff will let them know we are interested.
Digital Reveal
Did everyone get the free Nik software that is listed on the blog of the club. There are free tutorials out there that Jeff will see if he can find.
Presentation by Tom Pfeffer on our vision statement:
He is going to just touch on it, and why we need it or not. This is to get you thinking…
What is a vision stmt, why do we need one, why does OCC need one, do other clubs have one
Vision is a map as to where you are going. What is it that we want to be. Do we want to do something different, if so what do we want to be in the future. Short and easy to understand…
Power Point Presentation is attached for review of the information that Tom went over.
Digital Reveal
Respectfully Submitted,

Ina Ohnmeiss, OCC Secretary

Monday, February 22, 2016

OCC Minutes Feb. 16, 2016

OCC Minutes Feb. 16, 2016
Meeting called to order by Myers Burmeister at 6:30 pm.
A brief business meeting was conducted covering the following information:
Treasurer’s Report $2177.77
Secretary Report – nothing to report all minutes have been put on the OCC website.
Equipment – no report Dhruba not here
Library – more PSA journals have been donated by Mr. Headley
Cookie Monster – Alan Kurth
Larry Headley reported on the N4C January results and you can find the results on the website.
Photo essay judging waiting for more information
Print competition needing entries, and we are limited to 4 total and 2 in any category. Judge is a portrait photographer. She does on location portraits Sarah Hadenfelt who is from Grand Island NE.
Next meeting is about Flash Lighting by Dhura Chakravarti
Board Meeting this Sunday the 21st
Holand Center and March 8th 7:30 pm tickets are $10 Cory Richards National Geographic Photographer.
Jane Goodall at the Holand Center but tickets are sold out,
Digital Reveal presented by Jeff Wild

Minutes Respectfully submitted 02-16-2016
By Ina Ohnmeiss, OCC Secretary



Monday, February 1, 2016

OCC Minutes Jan 5, 2016

OCC Minutes Jan 5, 2016


First order of business was the voting to ratify the changes to the by laws.
Vote: Voting was held by means of a paper vote, saying “for” or “against.”
The results were 32 for and 1 against, passing the revisions.
Attached is the roster with present voting members checked.

Treasurer’s report: This month’s expenses : $2108.43 bal. $2252.57.
Treasurer’s report is attached.

Equipment manager reported no change.

Web manager reported no change.

Librarian reported 2 new PSA journals added to the library.

New Business

Program subject suggested: How do you Store and Catalogue your photo library? Possible theme for March program.
Competition results:

Macro: 3rd Paul Evans
2 Mike Barker
  1. Dave Tollefsrud
Creative : 3rd Larry Headley
  1. Mike Barker
  1. Gary Prill
Nature : 3rd Paul Bellinger
3rd. Steve Schwiesow
2nd Marti Barker
. tie for 2nd Larry Cameron
1st Mike Barker
Photojournalism: 3rd Don Loeske
2nd Paul Bellinger
  1. Gary Prill
Pictorial: (1st) Paul Bellnger
(2nd) Larry Headley
(3rd Marty Barker

Travel : (3rd) Mike Barker
(2nd) Don Loeske
(1at) Marti Barker


Assigned subject is night scenes. Pictures are due on the 19th of this month.

OCC Minutes December 1, 2012

OCC Minutes December 1, 2012

Meeting called to order at 6:30 by Myers Burmeister
First meeting of the month a little business and then digital reveal. Let’s spend the money
T Report OCC General $3638.29 still have to pay the lawyer N4C $closed 687.16 transferred to general account. Two donations to Father Doll and Dr. Simmons $100 each Next meeting will have a more formal report. N4C profit has not been finalized and computed by Tim White.
Still working with the attorney on his fees. Any new memberships see Tim at the end of the meeting.
Secretary – all minutes have been sent to Don to be put up on the website. Starting in January minutes will only be taken at the business meeting on the first meeting of the month.
Cookie Monster – Dorothy Samson THANK YOU
Guests – Gary Hunt wife gave him permission to join the club. Works part time. Like nature and landscape. Uses lightroom can’t afford photoshop…lol.
Equipment – Dhruba same situation color monkey is out T Pfeffer has it.
Library – Ron no changes since last meeting
OLD BUSINESS:
Pot Luck on 12/15/15 see Ina for sign up
NEW BUSINESS:
By Laws were sent out after the last meeting and Larry and Irv commented please review because on the 5th of January they will be voted on and we need to have a quorum 50% of the active membership or an email vote by proxy no later than 1/5/2015 to the president.
Father Doll - Dave is enjoying the calendar that has been produced. There are two locations to obtain the calendar. Dave T has flyers on how to order the calendars if ordered on the website it is $13.50 vs $15. Dave thinks this would make a great Christmas gift. Carol in his office you can call her and it is listed on our blog. Tax donation as well for his work. Nikki commented on how nice the calendar is and a good reason to purchase.
Paul Evans asked --Did anyone go to St Marys to see his work?
There is a March 5th Arena Cross information up front that needs to be completed and if you have questions see Paul Bellinger.
March 29 & 30 Shutter Feast in St. Louis cost is $99 in Union Station. See Dhruba for more information.
Linda found a speaker for the January meeting Tom Plambeck who is a retired Omaha World Herald for 10 years.
Dhruba will be the speaker in February on flash photography
Nikki / Larry entered a contest 6 months ago sponsored by Saunders County Health Foundation they were to pick 55 images to print larger Larry had 4 selected//Nikki had 3 and cash prizes Larry had honorable mention.,
N4C results for November: 7 members entered 36 entries 10 awards. 4 ribbons Larry has the break down. Can be found on the blog.
Discussion on how to address weather issues:
Check the website, text messages
The adjournment of the business portion of the meeting. Digital Reveal for December Jeff Wild
Respectfully Submitted,

Ina Ohnmeiss, Secretary  

OCC Minutes November 17, 2015

OCC Minutes November 17, 2015

Tom called the meeting to order at 6:30 at the OHB.
A review was of the survey of the Focus on Omaha conference was done and a review of the comments. Discussion of the review of the survey and comments.
The 501C3 bylaws and review and comments to the Bylaws so we can by January 1st there will be no additional revisions and that would be a deadline and cut off to approval the bylaws…Are there questions from the floor.
John Adams comments: Election of the entire board all at one time starting with a fresh board could be problem matic if everyone would rotate off at one time.
John Adams - Term limits having a term set would be a thing to look at.
Lots of legal jargen and needing to clean up the legal Jaren without stepping on anyone legal toes.
Any additional questions or comments.
Dave McDonald – questioned when the bylaws were emailed out and Ina asked if everyone had read the bylaws.
Nikki McDonald – do the show and tell and then discuss the bylaws if time permits.
One business meeting each month and limit in time to 30 minutes.
Larry Headley would suggest that you put the comment in writing for ease of the meeting. Written comments into Tom Pfeffer by December 1st. And a notice will be mailed and the vote will be made at the January 5th meeting.
Tim White reported on the new collection of dues. December 15th for dues to be. If you are not current with your dues you will not be able to participate in the vote, or competitions until dues are paid and current.
Recognize guest Bernie welcome..how did he hear about , Rich Fiddelke told him about our group.
Nikki McDonald has score sheets for the print competition. The total score is meaningless and with so many judges it is not worthwhile to give you any input. But if you want the score sheets see Nikki. If you placed please get the digital file to Nikki so it can be placed on the website.
Myers Burmeister President introduced himself and explained his absence and wanted thank Tom as lead during his absence.
Show and Tell…
Additional discussion on the bylaws as per the power point handout attached.
Discussion of the categories for the competition in Sept/Oct 2016 will be discussed by May.
Are board meetings open to general membership? There is not a problem with having general member present at the board meetings.
Suggestion by Dave McDonald to raise the $25 amount to $50 for the executive committee okay to spend.
Dues will be set by the board of directors currently the amount is what it has been in the past.
Seal – will make a stamp of our logo to be used on any official documents
Membership cards – we have and are maintained by the treasurer.
The bylaws will be sent with a request to have the suggestions in writing to Tom Pfeffer by 12/1 and will be voted on January 5th.
Respectfully submitted,

Ina Ohnmeiss

OCC Minutes November 3, 2015

OCC Minutes November 3, 2015


PRINT COMPETITION
Reminder that dues are due for 2016 by end of December, dues are pro rated to be in alignment with the new non profit status and dues are now deductiable
October N4C competition 5 people 7 awards
Made motion for badges by Tom and seconded by Larry motion carried
We have 50 prints that the club will judge this evening.
Business adjourned and Nikki explained the judging process.
Respectfully Submitted,

Ina Ohnmeiss, Secretary